You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Board of the Ravenwood's school of magic arts. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

• "tylerthewizard" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 1st 2011

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 6:02pm

Wizard101 UK Anniversary Tournament! **SIGN UP, CALL FRIENDS!**

Wizard101 UK Anniversary Tournament
Hello my fellow wizards! Now we're in the process of finishing our first tournament, which was a huge success. It's almost been a year since we introduced the game to the community! (A year!) Now of course, we can't start the tournaments on the anniversary as there is not enough time for people to sign up. This tournament is to celebrate the anniversary!
We've had a large number of new members join our community and it has become magnificently large! To celebrate the success of Wizard101 UK, myself and agvkmagic2 are working together to bring you another tournament for wizards Level 0 - 60! So set up your decks, put on your armor and get dueling! To sign up, just complete the form below. You cannot choose to duel an individual player and this will be picked at random to suit your level. The max amount you can choose from are 3, so you can sign up for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4.

Quoted

Your Wizard's Name:
Your Wizard's Level (Level 0-60):
Your Forum Name:
1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4? (3 choices max):
Would you like to duel a wizard within your level range? If so, please specify what level:
Now, this duels will be based on the last tournament, which means once we arrange the matches, you must PM your opponent and arrange a time for you to duel.
The amount of rounds will depend on the players.
We plan to have it like this

Quoted

First duels (1 match)
Second duels (1 match)
Semi-finals (2 matches)
Finals (2 matches)
Elimination Round (1 match)
We would really appreciate it if you spread the word and got as many players getting to join this as possible!
Things you need to know
Rules for the tournament

1. When you finish your match, you must take a screenshot of the final table to prove the winner. If there is no screenshot, the opponent must be asked to show proof of the win.

2. You are allowed to duel someone 5 levels higher than your level or 5
levels lower than your level. You are not allowed to exceed this limit.

3. In the case of which there is a disconnection or computer failure, it is grounds for a rematch. All players that were participating in the match must verify that the player disconnected. Symptoms of disconnection are that the player is idle and does not cast spells. A flee is different from this as all players in the match will be informed that the player has fled from the battle.

4. All rounds will have a deadline. If your opponent/team member does not respond before the deadline, you will be automatically granted as the winner and the opponent. This is the same for 2v2. If one team has only one player and the other has 2 players, the team with two players will be granted winners. The player on the other team will be kept as a reserve player. If one team only has one player and the other team has only one player, their match will go on as a 1v1 match. This is only the case if the match is not completed before the deadline and the remaining players have confirmed that they want this to happen. If one player does not want to then the other player will be granted winner and the other will be kept as a reserve player.

5. In the case of a deadlock (i.e no matches are completed for more than 1 week), all players will be asked to confirm their participation in the tournament.

6. Prizes will be considered and the winner and runner up's would receive a prize!

7. Any member of the Wizard101.co.uk staff or the tournament creators (tylerthewizard and agvk2magic) are allowed to make exceptions to the rules.

8. All sign up's after the deadline will be taken as a reserve player. The reserve player is a player that takes someone's space to someone who has been excluded from the tournament or has dropped out. The reserve player is a first come-first serve basis. (i.e the reserve player that signed up first would be the first player to be included into the tournament if a contestant has been removed from the tournament).
Definitions
Deadline - The time where no more applications will be accepted. All applications posted after this will be taken as a reserve application. This is the same for matches.
Deadlock - A situation where there have been no matches for 1 week. Contestants must confirm participation in the tournament to be included. All players that have not confirmed will be removed.
Reserve player - A player that will be kept as a reserve. The reserve player register is in order and all players will be included in the tournament in order. (i.e in order that they signed up) There is no guarantee that you will be included in the tournament.

The Wizard101.co.uk team or the tournament creators are allowed to make exceptions to the rules at ANYTIME!
More updates on the tournament will be posted in the future.
If you have any questions, reply to this thread or contact tylerthewizard or agvk2magic!
So wizards, get signing up and prepare for a magnificent duel!
Thanks!
Happy Wizarding! :gamer:

Post edited to add the new extended sign up time.

SeraphTempest
Wizard101.co.uk Team

cotxe

Professional

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2011

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 6:53pm

Can i compete with adept and legendary?
How is with rules?
Can we choose 2v2 partner?

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 7:12pm

Yes, you are, and the match will be classified as a MIXED MATCH.
I'm not sure about choosing your partner. Probably, yes but I'm not sure.

Please do remember to use the sign up form. I've updated it. THIS IS THE NEW SIGN UP FORM!

Quoted

Quoted

Your Wizard's Name:
Your Wizard's Level (must be at least Level 20):
Your Forum Name:
1v1 or 2v2? (You can choose both):
Would you like to duel a wizard of your level? If not, please state a title of which type of wizard (i.e legendary):
I mean, it will be hard. But we'll consider it. Just an addition to the rules. No matter what level wizard plays, the player that wins, wins.

ADDITION TO RULES:

Quoted

You are allowed to duel a wizard not of your level range. Same rules apply for winner of the duel.

Wolf Waterthorn

Unregistered

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 7:22pm

Guys what is it with all this constant tournaments every time i go on the board the word tournament is always on one of the threads what is it???

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 8:08pm

I'm doing it to celebrate our 1st year here at Wizard101 UK! The game opened last year and the community has grown quite a bit in a year so I thought it would be appropriate to do something nice! I also have another thing to look forward too so keep your eyes peeled.

angelikos

Unregistered

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 9:51am

Your Wizard's Name: Angel Moon
Your Wizard's Level (must be at least Level 20): Level 60
Your Forum Name: Angelikos
1v1 or 2v2? (You can choose both): 1v1
Would you like to duel a wizard of your level? If not, please state a title of which type of wizard (i.e legendary): Anything will be fine

So good luck everyone this will be a great Party Tournament as it was the other one too :thumbup:

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 6:10pm

Thanks for the sign up Angel! Please guys, do join as we want this to be an amazing anniversary tournament!

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 10:06am

Come on guys, let's get some more sign ups!

agvk2magic

Professional

Date of registration: Oct 15th 2011

Occupation: Open-minding people, lazily do art, live in general...

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:02pm

Wizard101 UK Anniversary Tournament

Hello my fellow wizards! Now we're in the process of finishing our first tournament, which was a huge success. It's almost been a year since we introduced the game to the community! (A year!) Now of course, we can't start the tournaments on the anniversary as there is not enough time for people to sign up. This tournament is to celebrate the anniversary!

We've had a large number of new members join our community and it has become magnificently large! To celebrate the success of Wizard101 UK, myself and agvkmagic2 are working together to bring you another tournament for wizards Level 20+! So set up your decks, put on your armor and get dueling! To sign up, just complete the form below. You cannot choose to duel an individual player and this will be picked at random to suit your level. The max amount of players in a single duel will be 2v2, so you can sign up for 1v1 or 2v2.

Quoted

Your Wizard's Name:
Your Wizard's Level (must be at least Level 20):
Your Forum Name:

Now, this duels will be based on the last tournament, which means once we arrange the matches, you must PM your opponent and arrange a time for you to duel.

The amount of rounds will depend on the players.

We plan to have it like this

Quoted

First duels (1 match)
Second duels (1 match)
Semi-finals (2 matches)
Finals (2 matches)
Elimination Round (1 match)

We would really appreciate it if you spread the word and got as many players getting to join this as possible!

Things you need to know

Rules for the tournament

1. When you finish your match, you must take a screenshot of the final table to prove the winner. If there is no screenshot, the opponent must be asked to show proof of the win.

2. In the case of which there is a disconnection or computer failure, it is grounds for a rematch. All players that were participating in the match must verify that the player disconnected. Symptoms of disconnection are that the player is idle and does not cast spells. A flee is different from this as all players in the match will be informed that the player has fled from the battle.
  3. All rounds will have a deadline. If your opponent/team member does not respond before the deadline, you will be automatically granted as the winner and the opponent. This is the same for 2v2. If one team has only one player and the other has 2 players, the team with two players will be granted winners. The player on the other team will be kept as a reserve player. If one team only has one player and the other team has only one player, their match will go on as a 1v1 match. This is only the case if the match is not completed before the deadline and the remaining players have confirmed that they want this to happen. If one player does not want to then the other player will be granted winner and the other will be kept as a reserve player.
  4. In the case of a deadlock (i.e no matches are completed for more than 1 week), all players will be asked to confirm their participation in the tournament.
  5. Prizes will be considered and the winner and runner up's would receive a prize!
  6. Any member of the Wizard101.co.uk staff or the tournament creators (tylerthewizard and agvk2magic) are allowed to make exceptions to the rules.
  7. All sign up's after the deadline will be taken as a reserve player. The reserve player is a player that takes someone's space to someone who has been excluded from the tournament or has dropped out. The reserve player is a first come-first serve basis. (i.e the reserve player that signed up first would be the first player to be included into the tournament if a contestant has been removed from the tournament).

Definitions

Deadline - The time where no more applications will be accepted. All applications posted after this will be taken as a reserve application. This is the same for matches.

Deadlock - A situation where there have been no matches for 1 week. Contestants must confirm participation in the tournament to be included. All players that have not confirmed will be removed.

Reserve player - A player that will be kept as a reserve. The reserve player register is in order and all players will be included in the tournament in order. (i.e in order that they signed up) There is no guarantee that you will be included in the tournament.

The Wizard101.co.uk team or the tournament creators are allowed to make exceptions to the rules at ANYTIME!

More updates on the tournament will be posted in the future.

If you have any questions, reply to this thread or contact tylerthewizard or agvk2magic!

So wizards, get signing up and prepare for a magnificent duel!

Thanks!

Errr...Tyler I'm not agree with the rules especially with the lvl requirements! Also I think that one player still have chance against two opponents(3rd rule) and the deadline wont be fair for some or other wizards who are sure in their skills to defent and survive! The sign up timer is too short :(! I mean that we have to attract enough wizards to enter in the tournament so we need more time!

And you can call me Alex if agvk2magic is too long :) !
[...] old habits die, whatever you've been told...

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:07pm

Errr...Tyler I'm not agree with the rules especially with the lvl requirements! Also I think that one player still have chance against two opponents(3rd rule) and the deadline wont be fair for some or other wizards who are sure in their skills to defent and survive! The sign up timer is too short :(! I mean that we have to attract enough wizards to enter in the tournament so we need more time!
And you can call me Alex if agvk2magic is too long :) !
Alex. What is your problem with the Level requirement?
Regarding the 2v1 or vice versa, I think that it is appropriate.
Regarding the deadline, let's wait till the 16th.. If we don't have many sign ups, then we should extend the date..

agvk2magic

Professional

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:13pm

The problem with the lvl requirement is that the highes lvl is hmm... too high for some students and i start the tournament with the idea of letting ppl who cant buy crowns to win them on the very day of GIVING and WARM LOVE-CHRISTMAS :) !

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:17pm

I'm slightly confused, what are you talking about?
Do you mean that you want this for young wizards like L10-30?

agvk2magic

Professional

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:20pm

From any lvl! that what i mean. ''Even you start to play before day you have chance to reach crowns to continue your studies!''

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:23pm

So what your saying is that you want this to be from L0-60?

agvk2magic

Professional

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:25pm

Absolutely thats what im talking about!

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:29pm

Change to sign up sheet:

Quoted

Your Wizard's Name:
Your Forum Name:
Would you like to duel a wizard within your level range? If so, please specify what level:

agvk2magic

Professional

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:36pm

I'm happy you agreed with my arguments but you still didnt tell nothing about the pvp battle type! I offer to make it not only 1v1 and 2v2 but 3v3 and 4v4 too. Are you agree with that if not say why!

tylerthewizard

Fansite Owners

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:38pm

Quoted

Quoted

Your Wizard's Name:
Your Forum Name:
1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4? (3 choices max):
Update again

agvk2magic

Professional

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:39pm

**thanks- you are great co-creator! :love:

baoser

Unregistered

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 9:28pm

I'd like to sign up but I think you said any level will be against any level. I think then somebody level 50+ will win. I think maybe a difference of 5 levels will be better.

For example Player 1 is level 10. They can fight Player 2 who can be level 5 - 15.

So Round 1:

Player 1 (10) Vs Player 2 (13) = Player 2 win

Round 2:

Player 2 (13) Vs Player 3 (17) = Player 3 win

Round 3:

Player 3 (17) Vs No more players (12 - 22) = Player 3 overall winner

That means players can play people their level and be in with a chance of winning. What do you think ? :whistling: