You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Board of the Ravenwood's school of magic arts. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

raniver63

Beginner

• "raniver63" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 30th 2012

Friday, March 30th 2012, 1:16pm

x monster Decks...

Hello,
Can you please tell me why the -x- EVERY -x- monster in the Spiral has the Weakness card in their deck?
Also, can i also get these free cards for my deck since it seems every monster also have them regardless of their school...
Storm Shark
Banshee
Snow Man
Fire Bird
Cyclops
Troll

I mean its no use of carrying shields and preparing your deck against a creature or Boss of a certain school since you make their decks so OP by giving them cards of every school... And it doesn't mean i can't beat them, its just duels get boring, way too long, especially in Life vs Life....
And all that without counting with the lame luck system called Fizzle....

Dear User,
Welcome to our community, please remember that Profanity is not allowed , this includes but is not limited to attempting to circumvent board filters with words like F*** , sh1t (leet speaking.
Please read the forum rules to avoid future warnings.
Iluzie
Wizard101.co.uk Team

Iluzie

♥♥♥wizifan♥♥♥

Date of registration: Mar 19th 2011

Friday, March 30th 2012, 1:23pm

All Moobs in the Spiral can use more than one school spell.

It is in Celestia and Wintertusk where monsters use only their school spells.

I think nobody likes the weakness card at all, so try to use your wand to get rid of those or sometimes you just need to hit knowing that it would be just a bit weaker attack.

Iluzie

paulreay

Professional

Date of registration: Mar 7th 2011

Friday, March 30th 2012, 7:34pm

It's also a good prompt for getting rid of their pesky tower shields, so in effect you get 2 for the price of 1. Instead of wasting your power hit early and maybe not killing them. In later levels the -25 doesn't really matter so much once you've bladed and aura'd yourself and trapped the mobs, I find that especially with bonuses and Criticals they die anyway. If you're unsure of a killing shot and you've the HP or the mobs pips are low, take an extra round to add an extra blade, trap or aura ring - or in the case of pip dependant spells like tempest, the extra pip obviously gives more damage. You'll soon find in later levels that the -25% weakness spell is more an annoyance than a hindrance - especially if you've friends along helping you :)
**balance Paul Starstrider - Level 90
**death Paul Death Hammer - Level 90
**myth Paul Mancer - Level 91
**fire Cowan Hawkbloom - Level 95 ***
**ice Paul Strider - Level 90
**storm Paul Thunderhammer - Level 91

tompower23

Trainee

Date of registration: Mar 31st 2011

Location: non of your buisness (i will give u a clue: the UK)

Occupation: unemployed (too young, i mean its a kids game, what kid has a job?)

Friday, March 30th 2012, 7:45pm

Are the percentages correct? once i had a add 35% and a take away 25% and it done less damage than it should of done
:fire: Fire is the best. What do you mean storm does the most damage? Well at least we have the most health. What do you mean ice does?STOP TALKING! **fire

paulreay

Professional

Date of registration: Mar 7th 2011

Friday, March 30th 2012, 7:50pm

Did you take into account any shield aura or rings or resist they had, also we all know school on school spells are next to useless
**balance Paul Starstrider - Level 90
**death Paul Death Hammer - Level 90
**myth Paul Mancer - Level 91
**fire Cowan Hawkbloom - Level 95 ***
**ice Paul Strider - Level 90
**storm Paul Thunderhammer - Level 91

baoser

Unregistered

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 1:04am

I think some of the bosses are classed wrongly. There are a few that don't use their school spells at all. For example the Bonekeeper in Tomb of Storms cast myth traps, bats and trolls even though he's supposed to be a Death boss.

I agree with the OP. It's frustrating when you prepare your shields before a fight based on the school of the monsters and then they use different spells. X(

Tyler

Fansite Owners

Date of registration: Jan 1st 2011

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 11:13am

In the patch notes I post in another thread, Wizard101 does try to maintain that the game is serviced well and that all decks and schools are equivalent to make it equally fair.

If you ever notice the deck and school it says the MOB is, contact support who will forward this info to KingsIsle!

Happy Wizarding! :gamer:

Dragonhunter54321

Avalon's Archmage

Date of registration: May 26th 2011

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 5:16pm

Weakness can even be helpful, you know. Dark pact, Empower and sacrefice?

frosthound

Stormologist

Date of registration: Dec 17th 2011

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 6:59pm

Tyler is right and I agree all schools are equal and have an equal chance of beating each other.So it doesn't matter if the MOB has a good spell, get round it and carry on!

baoser

Unregistered

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 9:34pm

It's not that we can't beat the boss but I'd rather do it more comfortably by arranging the deck based on who I'm fighting. I like to finish with as much health as possible so that I don't have to chase down red wisps.

So I agree with OP when he said:

I mean its no use of carrying shields and preparing your deck against a creature or Boss of a certain school

I've never reported it as a bug since I can still beat the monster easily enough.

andrzej452

Intermediate

Date of registration: Jul 29th 2011

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:29am

100-25%=75 75+33%=100. A +35% Ward, charm or global negates the weakness.
It's not meant to be easy. If you don't do sidequests and doesn't use high lvl treasure cards and crowns gear, it's very hard.
If you do sidequests but doesn't use high lvl TCs and crowns gear, it's easy enough.
Never tried the other combinations but it surely will be easier.
Andrew ThunderEyes Archmage**iceReal**captain
Zachary WyrmWraith Legendary**balance**sergeant
Andrew OgreCaller Transcendent**myth**recruit
Andrew StormEyes Magus**storm**recruit
Andrew DragonEyes Apprentice**fire**recruit
Joshua Smith Adept**death**recruit

May the everwinter be with you.

"Become a wizard", they said. "It'll be fun", they said. We'll always end up doing other people's work and getting trolled.